The Worker Bee was debut in 2017 after spinners around the world requested a foldable Bee style wheel with a larger bobbin. The difference between the Queen Bee, King Bee, and Worker Bee is the ratio range and bobbin size. The Queen Bee holds 4 oz bobbins. The King Bee holds 8 oz bobbins. The Worker Bee holds 16 oz bobbins as well as 8 oz bobbins and can fit in a carry on suitcase for flying around the world.
The Worker Bee is the perfect wheel for the spinner who needs effortless portability with a wide ratio range. The speeds are adequate for extra fine (1:26) to bulky (1:4) spinning - and the bobbin size is large enough for creative textures and embellishments to be included in your spinning.
Since it's debut, the Worker Bee has always included Golden Whorl engineering. With Golden Whorl engineering you have 30% less flyer drag, which makes spinning short staple fibers a breeze.
Please note: The product can differ slightly from shown photos, since we improve our products continuously.
- $995 Worker Bee + 3 (16oz) Bobbins
Bobbin Size: 16 oz
Weight: 13-14 pounds
Ratio Range: 1:4 to 1:26
- Height: 30"
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 13"
- Height 12"
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 9"
SPINOLUTION STANDARD FEATURES
- Comprehensive Ratios for Spinning Traditional Yarns & Fibers
- Open / Bypassable Hook Orifice for Spinning Art Yarns & Textures
- Quick-Change Magnetic Bobbins & Stretchy Drive Bands
- Easy-Adjust Tension Knob for Perfect Uptake
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Finished Baltic Birch Wood for Warp-Resistant Durability
- Ergonomic Treadling System
- Small Footprint with Slip-Resistant Floor Grips
- Designed & Made in the USA