The Pollywog was originally designed for the young and young at heart - but spinners of all ages and heights enjoy treadling with their toes on this perfect beginner budget-friendly wheel. We wanted to design a wheel that people of all ages, especially children, could enjoy. Start with the basic 4 oz wheel for $399 and as you learn to spin you can add additional accessories to your wheel when you're ready to start spinning at faster speeds and on bigger bobbins.
The by-passable orifice hook allows you to spin bulky, ply creative, or add embellishments - and the treadling is smooth & silent. Three ratios are available on the $399 Pollywog - just the right speeds for learning how to spin yarns of all fibers and weights.
Please note: The product can differ slightly from shown photos, since we try to improve our products continuously.
Upgrade your Pollywog!
Accelerator. This removable circular piece attaches between the base and the head of your Pollywog wheel, and does two things. First, it raises the height of the orifice of your Pollywog and gives you a total of 10 speeds for spinning finer weight yarns. Adding this accessory to the Pollywog is perfect for filling the 4 oz bobbins with finer yarns.
12 oz Upgrade. For spinners who want to explore the bulkier side of spinning - we have designed an upgrade with spacious 12 oz bobbins for art yarns, bulky textures, and huge yardage. This upgrade can also be attached to the accelerator for additional high speeds.
Combining the Pollywog with Accelerator and 12 oz Upgrade means you'll have it all: lightweight portability, huge bobbin space, speeds for all yarn weights, and a comfortable ergonomic spinning experience that will bring you joy for many years to come.
- $399 Pollywog Wheel + 3 Bobbins
- $349 12 oz Upgrade + 1 Bobbin
- $165 Accelerator Accessory
- Weight: 8.5 pounds
- Height: 20.75 inches
- Orifice Height: 19.25 inches
- Width: 15 inches
- Depth: 9 inches
- 3 speeds with 4 oz Flyer (1:10, 1:4.5, 1:2.5)
- 3 speeds with 12 oz Flyer (TBD)
- 10 speeds with Accelerator (1:22, 1:17, 1:15, 1:13, 1:11, 1:10, 1:8, 1:7, 1:6, 1:5)
- Comprehensive Ratios for Spinning Traditional Yarns & Fibers
- Open / Bypassable Hook Orifice for Spinning Art Yarns & Textures
- Quick-Change Magnetic Bobbins & Stretchy Drive Bands
- Easy-Adjust Tension Knob for Perfect Uptake
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Finished Baltic Birch Wood for Warp-Resistant Durability
- Ergonomic Treadling System
- Small Footprint with Slip-Resistant Floor Grips
- Designed & Made in the USA