Upgrades include everything you need to add a new size to your wheel base:
- A head (attaches into the base of your wheel)
- A flyer (has a back with whorls, arms, and an orifice bar and holds the bobbin)
- A hook orifice bar (attaches to the flyer magnetically)
- A bobbin (slides onto the flyer and is secured to the back with a magnet)
CORIAN (SILVER) WHORL
Corian whorl wheels (MACH III, Hopper, Firefly, Echo, King Bee, Queen Bee) were manufactured after 2015 until they were replaced by the GOLDEN WHORL. The ratios are perfect for spinning yarn weights from fine to extra bulky.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
- CORIAN WHORLS have ratios from about 1:4 to 1:20 (exact range varies per wheel model).
- GOLDEN WHORLS have the same ratio range as corian whorls + fast ratios between 1:25 to 1:60 (exact range varies per wheel model) for spinners who want to explore the limits of superfine spinning.
- GOLDEN WHORLS have less flyer drag to make spinning short-staple fibers (like cotton) effortless.
If you have a Hopper and want to add a size to your wheel, you will need to purchase a CORIAN WHORL Upgrade from your Dealer, as the Hoppers are not compatible with GOLDEN WHORL engineering.
HOPPER UPGRADE INCLUDES 1 BOBBIN
- 8 oz Silver Whorl Upgrade = $549.00
- 16 oz Silver Whorl Upgrade = $549.00
- 32 oz Silver Whorl Upgrade = $549.00
Shipping to the Lower USA is $15.00. International Shipping is $25.00.