The MACH III is our production studio wheel for professional spinners who need a comfortable wheel that they can spin at for hours without feeling fatigue. The MACH III has 4 different head sizes to choose from (8 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz, and 64 oz) and each head has multiple ratios for spinning all weights of yarn - fine to bulky - and any fiber or blend you can imagine.
The MACH III is our most popular wheel for production spinners wanting a comfortable, smooth, and delightfully silent spinning experience. Spinners, from beginners to expert, find the treadling experience meditative and soothing as the fiber twists effortlessly between their fingers.
Please note: The product can differ slightly from shown photos, since we try to improve our products continuously.
NEW: Upgrade your MACH III with a laser engraved Wildflowers design. Choose to engrave the spinner-side of the wheel, the audience-side, or both sides of your wheel to transform this modern design into a work of art.
WHAT IS A MODULAR WHEEL? Our 8 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz, and 64 oz setup are interchangeable between the MACH III Base and the Firefly Base. Design your own wheel by choosing your base and setup size, or swap setups between the bases for multiple wheel options.
MACH III heads manufactured before 2014 may not be compatible with the Firefly base and the heads will be upgraded for no additional cost (customer pays shipping) to be compatible with the Firefly Base.
- $1199 - 8 oz + 3 Bobbins
- $1359 - 16 oz + 1 Bobbin
- $1459 - 16 oz + 3 Bobbins
- $1359 - 32 oz + 1 Bobbin
- $1459 - 32 oz + 3 Bobbins
- $1919 - Package (8 & 16 oz)
- $1919 - Package (8 & 32 oz)
- $1643 - 64 oz + 1 Bobbin
- $100 - Wildflowers Design (per side)
- $889 - Base Only
Modular Design Compatible with Firefly Base
Weight: 25 lb
Height: 32 in
Width: 24 in
Depth: 12 in
Wheel Size: 20 in
SPEEDS // RATIOS
- 8 oz Speeds: 4 (1:3.5, 1:5, 1:7, 1:11)
- 16 oz Speeds: 3 (1:5, 1:7, 1:10)
- 32 oz - Speeds: 4 (1:2.5, 1:4, 1:5, 1:7)
- 64 oz Speed: 1 (1:4)
- Comprehensive Ratios for Spinning Traditional Yarns & Fibers
- Open / Bypassable Hook Orifice for Spinning Art Yarns & Textures
- Quick-Change Magnetic Bobbins & Stretchy Drive Bands
- Easy-Adjust Tension Knob for Perfect Uptake
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Finished Baltic Birch Wood for Warp-Resistant Durability
- Ergonomic Treadling System
- Small Footprint with Slip-Resistant Floor Grips
- Designed & Made in the USA