Upgrades include everything you need to add a new size to your wheel base:
- A head (attaches into the base of your wheel)
- A flyer (has a back with whorls, arms, and an orifice bar and holds the bobbin)
- A hook orifice bar (attaches to the flyer magnetically)
- A bobbin (slides onto the flyer and is secured to the back with a magnet)
If you have a MACH III, Echo, or Firefly with a corian (silver) or wooden whorl - you can update your wheel by purchasing an Upgrade from your Dealer.
Please note, the following wheel models cannot be upgraded at this time: Hopper, King Bee, Queen Bee.
The Pollywog & Worker Bee already have Golden Whorl engineering (no need to upgrade!)
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
- CORIAN (SILVER) WHORLS have ratios from about 1:4 to 1:20 (exact range varies per wheel model).
- GOLDEN WHORLS have the same low ratio range as silver whorls + faster ratios (exact range varies per wheel model) for spinners who want to explore the limits of superfine spinning.
- GOLDEN WHORLS have less flyer drag to make spinning short-staple fibers (like cotton) effortless.
GOLDEN WHORL UPGRADE INCLUDES 1 BOBBIN
- 8 oz Golden Whorl Upgrade = $549.00
- 12 oz Golden Whorl Upgrade = $409.00 (Pollywog Exclusive)
- 16 oz Golden Whorl Upgrade = $549.00
- 32 oz Golden Whorl Upgrade = $549.00
- 64 oz Golden Whorl Upgrade = $799.00 (MACH III & Firefly Exclusive)
NOTE: NEW GOLDEN WHORL RATIOS COMING SOON
Shipping to the Lower USA is $15.00. International Shipping is $25.00.