Drive Wheel FAQ
You may need to remove the main (drive) wheel from your MACH or Echo for troubleshooting or repair. Here is how:
- Remove the head and flyer from the wheel base
- Locate the screw at the bottom of the hole where the head fits into the base.
- Using a long phillips screwdriver, loosen the screw
- Move the shaft forward and out thru an open treadle
- Remove the main (drive) wheel
To replace the drive wheel on a Bee, King Bee, or Queen Bee:
- Loosen the brass screw behind the wheel
- Open the treadle
- Push the shaft forward until the wheel is free
- Several washers will fall out - keep these to put on with the new wheel as well as the wire ring.
- Put the shaft into the new wheel
- Add the wire ring to the shaft (next to the new wheel)
- Then add the washers
- Slide the wheel down into place
- Push the shaft into the base
- Tighten the bass screw to secure
- Reinstall the Drive Band
The Wheel Wobble on the MACH 2 is due to the wheel shaft moving. Here is how to add a set screw to hold the shaft and keep the wheel from wobbling.
- Purchase a wood screw at your local hardware
- Use a small drill about 1/8" and drill a pilot hole about 1 1/2 " above the wheel shaft on the back (drill at an angle: that will hit the shaft at the halfway point about 1/2" in)
- Screw in a #8 screw about 1 3/4 inch long - this will hit the shaft and lock it from moving. This will remove most of the wheel wobble.